Maple Syrup Pie
No one will ever know that this delicious pie is made with beans!
- Serving Size 1 slice with raisins & pecan garnish
- Calories 224
- Fat 10 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 46 mg
- Carbohydrate 31 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Sugars 19 g
- Protein 4 g
- Sodium 102 mg
- Potassium 209 mg
- Folate 31 mcg
- Iron 1 mg
- 1 cup (250 mL) well-cooked or canned white beans*, drained & rinsed (see tips)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) melted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins or chopped pecans
- 1 9-inch (23 cm) unbaked pastry pie shell or 18 unbaked tart shells
- pecan halves (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Purée beans in food processor or blender with maple syrup until smooth.
Add eggs, sugar and butter and mix just until well blended.
Sprinkle raisins or chopped pecans in bottom of pie or tart shells.
Pour filling on top of raisins or chopped pecans. Garnish with pecan halves if desired.
Bake pie for 35-40 minutes or tarts for 20 minutes or until set in centre. Cool. Serve at room temperature plain or with whipped cream or ice cream.
- White beans include Great Northern, cannellini, white kidney or navy beans.