Double chocolate muffins bursting with black beans, veggies & whole-grain goodness!
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 254
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 31 mg
- Carbohydrate 38 g
- Fibre 6 g
- Sugars 14 g
- Protein 7 g
- Sodium 100 mg
- Potassium 490 mg
- Iron 4 mg
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked or canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 medium zucchini, grated & excess water squeezed out
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chia seeds
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Put paper liners in muffin tin.
Add black beans, bananas, milk, maple syrup, oil, eggs, and vanilla to blender and purée until smooth. Transfer batter to a medium mixing bowl, add zucchini and stir to combine.
Add flour, oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and baking powder. Stir to combine. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
Divide batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 -10 minutes, then remove muffins from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
No zucchini on hand? Go orange and use grated carrot instead!