Bean & Berry Power Smoothie
Heart-healthy beans blend beautifully in this power smoothie to give you the energy, fibre, and protein you need to fuel your day.
- Serving Size 1 cup (250 mL)
- Calories 225
- Fat 0 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 1 mg
- Carbohydrate 52 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5 g
- Sodium 37 mg
- Potassium 275 mg
- Folate 25 mcg
- Iron 1 mg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooked or canned white beans, drained & rinsed (see tips)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen mixed berry concentrate (1/2 of 341 mL can)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) skim milk
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 5–6 ice cubes
Place white beans and juice in blender. Blend well.
Add milk. Blend until thick and creamy
Add ice cubes and blend well.
Serve immediately or store in fridge.
- White beans include Great Northern, white kidney, cannellini or navy beans.
- Any frozen fruit juice/fruit drink or frozen berry can be substituted. If the frozen fruit mixture is sweetened, omit the sugar in the recipe.