Daily Grain Network Status – Jan. 6, 2021 JAN 7 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
January 6, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels declined yesterday falling below 14,500 cars on line for the first time in a week.
· Yesterday’s decline reflects lower volumes for both railways but primarily CP which saw loads on wheels decline 8% from the prior day.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of idle cars saw significant improvement yesterday declining 22% (1,310 cars) on a system basis reflecting improvement across the board.
· West coast unloads (1,303) rebounded somewhat yesterday reflecting improved unloads at both west coast ports. Thunder Bay unloads were similar to the prior day at slightly more than 240 cars.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com