Daily Grain Network Status – April 11 2021 APR 12 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
April 11, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels finished out last week some 8% higher than the prior week averaging more than 11,800 cars per day reflecting primarily higher volumes on CP.
· Loads on wheels declined yesterday for the second straight day after peaking at more than 12,000 cars on Friday of last week.
Cars Not Moving
· Idle car counts took a step back last week averaging nearly 2,900 cars per day – 50% higher than the prior week and double the levels seen two weeks ago.
· Counts declined yesterday after rising to more than 3,500 cars on Saturday with counts declining for both railways yesterday.
· West coast unloads at slightly more than 1,000 cars per day held steady last week reflecting slightly higher unloads at Vancouver and lower unloads at Prince Rupert.
· Unloads improved yesterday (1,208) reflecting higher unloads at both west coast ports.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.