Daily Grain Network Status – June 28, 2021 JUN 29 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
June 28, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• After falling below 7,000 cars on Sunday, loads on wheels rebounded yesterday increasing 10% and returning above 7,300 cars on line.
• The increase seen yesterday reflects higher volumes for each of CN and CP which both saw increases of 10% or more.
Cars Not Moving
• Idle car counts increased marginally yesterday rising to slightly less than 1,200 cars reflecting higher counts for CP offset by lower counts for CN.
• Despite the increase, average daily idle car counts continue to track 23% lower than at this juncture last week.•
• West coast unloads (611) declined from the prior day reflecting improved unloads at Prince Rupert offset by lower unloads at Vancouver.
• Thunder Bay unloads at 299 cars reported yesterday saw their best day in more than a week.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.