Daily Grain Network Status – June 29, 2021 JUN 30 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
June 29, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• Loads on wheels declined slightly yesterday yet remain above the 7,000 car threshold for the second straight day and 10th time in the last 11 days.
• Yesterday’s decline reflects lower volumes on CN. Approaching the midpoint of week 48 system volumes continue to track marginally lower than last week.
Cars Not Moving
• Idle car counts declined slightly yesterday but remain above 1,000 cars.
• Part way through week 48 daily average counts of idle cars continue to track 30% below last week’s levels at this juncture.
• West coast unloads (525) declined again reflecting basically no unloads at Prince Rupert and Vancouver unloads remaining below 600 cars for the 4th straight day.
• Thunder Bay unloads at fewer than 200 cars reported yesterday continue to outpace last week’s performance.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.