Daily Grain Network Status – July 7, 2021 JUL 13 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
July 7, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• Loads on wheels increased slightly yesterday for the first time in 7 days but remain below the 7,000 car threshold for the 3rd straight day.
• Yesterday’s slight bump up reflects an increase in volumes for each of CN and CP
Cars Not Moving.
• Idle car counts were largely unchanged from the prior day remaining above 3,400 cars.
• Despite little change on a system basis CN saw counts decline slightly while CP counts increased.
• West coast unloads (226) were similar to the prior day reflecting a slight improvement at Vancouver and slightly lower unloads at Prince Rupert.
• Thunder Bay unloads (347) remain strong – above 300 cars for the third straight day.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.