Chickpea Pasta Salad
This easy salad is hearty enough to serve as a meal of its own but light enough to serve as the perfect side at a summer BBQ or buffet.
- Serving Size 1 cup (250 mL)
- Calories 128
- Fat 2 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Carbohydrate 23 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 5.5 g
- Sodium 227 mg
- Potassium 280 mg
- Folate 103 mcg
- Iron 1 mg
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked rotini (corkscrew) pasta, drained & cooled
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas, drained & rinsed (yields 2 cups/500 mL cooked chickpeas)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sweet red peppers, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light Greek salad dressing
In a large bowl, combine pasta, chickpeas, celery, carrot, red pepper, onion and feta. Toss lightly to mix well.
Add dressing to pasta mixture and toss to coat well and serve.
- Feel free to switch out the Greek salad dressing with an equal amount of your favourite dressing!