Lentil Salad Rolls
These amazingly fast and easy rice paper salad rolls with garlic-peanut sauce are full of fresh veggies and filling lentils that you can take with you anywhere!
- Serving Size 1 salad roll + 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sauce
- Calories 172
- Fat 8 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 6 g
- Sodium 171 mg
- Potassium 260 mg
- Iron 1 mg
- 10 rice paper rolls
- 1 small purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red leaf lettuce, washed & pulled apart
- 1/2 English cucumber, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & julienned
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) green lentils, drained & rinsed (yields 2 cups/500 mL cooked lentils)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted & sliced
- handful cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chili garlic sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- water (to thin sauce to desired consistency)
Garlic-Peanut Sauce: In a small bowl, make peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and lime juice. Add water as desired to thin sauce to your desired consistency. Set aside.
Have all ingredients chopped and ready to go before assembling the salad rolls.
Fill a medium sized bowl with warm water. Take one rice paper, dip it in the water for 5 seconds and then place on a cutting board. In a line down the middle of the rice paper, add: cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, lentils, avocado and cilantro. To fold, bring over the short ends on top of the filling, then take the remaining wrap and roll it over. Repeat with the remaining rice paper rolls and ingredients.
Enjoy immediately with prepared Garlic-Peanut Sauce or refrigerate salad rolls for up to 3 days for an anytime veggie-packed snack.