Mediterranean Antipasto Salad
Enjoy Mediterranean flavours in a bowl with the combination of lentils, tomatoes, pepper and olives!
- Serving Size 1 cup (250 mL)
- Calories 249
- Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 1 mg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrate 40 g
- Fibre 7 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 12 g
- Sodium 174 mg
- Potassium 709 mg
- Folate 218 mg
- Iron 5 mg
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) whole grain mustard
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) can of green lentils, drained & rinsed (yields 2 cups/500 mL cooked lentils)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked brown rice (see tips)
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 2 green onions, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pitted & chopped Kalamata olives (optional)
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil (optional)
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients and toss in dressing, coating evenly.
Adjust seasonings (salt, pepper, lemon juice) if needed, and serve.
- Other cooked grains like orzo, barley, quinoa, millet or farro can be used in place of the rice.