This slow cooker chili is packed with flavour and black beans!
- Serving Size 1 cup (250 mL)
- Calories 156
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 25 mg
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 14 g
- Sodium 414 mg
- Potassium 639 mg
- Folate 68 mcg
- Iron 3 mg
- 1 lb (500 g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chunky salsa
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn niblet, thawed
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) no salt added black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
In a medium frying pan, cook ground beef with onions and garlic over medium-high heat until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
Put beef into slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Before serving, season with salt and pepper to taste and top with a dollop of sour cream and extra freshly chopped cilantro!