Enjoy as a crunchy, spiced snack or in place of croutons in soup or salads!
- Serving Size 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Calories 106
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrate 14 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 4 g
- Sodium 43 mg
- Potassium 201 mg
- Folate 78 mcg
- Iron 2 mg
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked chickpeas or 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL) no-salt-added chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) preferred spices (cajun, curry, garlic powder, chili powder, etc)
Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C)
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl and spread on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes, stir, then bake another 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy!
Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
- Baking on parchment paper controls sticking to the pan.
- Some ovens may run hotter than others, adjust the heat and baking time as needed.
- Feel free to substitute any other cooked/canned pulses like black beans or pinto beans for a tasty treat!