Uruguayan Faba Bean Salad
This quick and easy salad is loaded with protein, fibre and flavour!
- Serving Size 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- Calories 148
- Fat 5 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrate 21 g
- Fibre 7 g
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 7 g
- Sodium 271 mg
- Potassium 406 mg
- Folate 34 mcg
- Iron 2 mg
- 3 cups (750 mL) canned or cooked Faba beans, drained & rinsed (see tips)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, cold pressed if possible
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano (see tips)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients and toss gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Faba beans are also known as Fava beans or broad beans and can be found in the Ethnic foods section of the store.
- Can’t find Faba beans at the grocery store? Swap them for broad beans, chickpeas or lima beans.
- You can use 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh oregano instead of dried.