White Bean, Tomato & Artichoke Flatbread
This easy to make flatbread features Mediterranean flavours along with protein packed white beans! Serve warm or at room temperature for a snack or meal anytime.
- Serving Size 1 flatbread (1/4 of recipe)
- Calories 501
- Fat 25 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Carbohydrate 42 g
- Fibre 14 g
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 31 g
- Sodium 1229 mg
- Potassium 856 mg
- Iron 3 mg
- 4 - 8-inch (20 cm) flatbreads (see tips)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) prepared pesto
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) white beans, drained & rinsed, yields 2 cups/500 mL cooked beans (see tips)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted small black olives (Nicoise or Kalamata)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved, cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) marinated artichoke hearts, halved if large
- 1 tsp (5 mL) red chili flakes, optional
- arugula, to garnish if desired
Preheat oven to 400°C (200°F).
Layer all ingredients, except arugula, equally between the breads.
Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are browned.
Remove and garnish with arugula.
Cut into 2 – 4 pieces/flatbread to serve.
Flatbreads can be thick pitas, naan or small prepared pizza crusts. Keep frozen and ready to dress up for snacking, meals and sharing.
White beans include Great Northern, navy, white kidney or cannellini beans.