Daily Grain Network Status – Nov. 11, 2020 NOV 12 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
November 11, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels declined for the second straight day falling below 11,100 cars, continuing a downward trend over the last four days, during which volumes declined from 12,000 cars.
· As noted earlier this week, this is consistent with a pattern seen in recent weeks where loads on wheels see a short term spike, often on the weekend, followed by declining volumes throughout the remainder of the week. At an average of 11,400 cars per day, volumes are currently tracking 6% lower than last week.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of loads not moving declined substantially yesterday, falling to slightly more than 2,200 cars after sitting at more than 2,900 cars for the last two days.
· West coast unloads (1,008) declined yesterday reflecting marginally better unloads at Vancouver and a significant decline in unloads at Prince Rupert. Thunder Bay unloads declined from recent performance at 234 cars.
All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com