Daily Grain Network Status – Nov. 15, 2020 NOV 16 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
November 15, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels last week finished 7% lower than the prior week averaging 11,100 cars per day, consistent with the trend seen throughout the course of the week. This represents the lowest daily traffic levels seen in the last seven weeks.
· Loads on wheels declined yesterday, falling below the 11,100 car threshold for the third time in the last four days. At 10,900 cars per day thus far this week volumes are tracking slightly behind last week.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of loads not moving jumped 35% returning above 2,200 cars reflecting higher counts for each of CN and CP
· West coast unloads (1,001) declined 25% from the prior day reflecting well below average unloads at Vancouver offset somewhat by improved unloads at Prince Rupert. Thunder Bay unloads remain good at just under 300 yesterday.
All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com