Daily Grain Network Status – Dec. 20, 2020 DEC 21 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
December 20, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels finished out the week last week consistent with the trend seen throughout the week – some 4% lower than the prior week, averaging nearly 12,800 cars per day. The net decline on a system basis reflects lower volumes for both CN and CP.
· Loads on wheels rose over the weekend then declined slightly yesterday and begin the week at the same level as last week, reflecting higher CN volumes and slightly lower CP volumes.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of loads not moving bounced around over the last few days declining as low as 2,200 cars but jumped notably on CP yesterday to return to more than 2,800 cars on a system basis.
· West coast unloads managed to eek out week over week improvement last week averaging 1,157 cars per day on the strength of slight improvements seen at both ports.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com