Daily Grain Network Status – March 16, 2021 MAR 17 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
March 16, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels declined yesterday for the second straight day, albeit only slightly, falling below 11,500 cars reflecting slightly higher volumes on CN and lower volumes on CP.
· Approaching the mid point of week 33, system volumes continue to trend at similar levels as last week averaging 11,600 cars per day.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of cars not moving was largely unchanged yesterday remaining above 1,900 cars reflecting lower counts for CN and higher counts for CP.
· West coast unloads (975) declined yesterday reflecting lower unloads at both Vancouver and Prince Rupert.
· We would remind readers that Prince Rupert counts as reported yesterday reflected a lag in reporting inflating counts and as such the day to day decline is likely less than shown in this report.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website