Daily Grain Network Status – March 21, 2021 MAR 22 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
March 21, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels declined slightly last week as compared to the prior week averaging 11,130 cars per day reflecting lower volumes for both railways.
· Loads on wheels increased slightly yesterday and at 10,800 cars on line begin week 34 some 9% lower than last week at this stage.
Cars Not Moving
· Averaging 1,900 cars per day last week, the system count of cars not moving increased marginally from the prior week reflecting lower counts for CN and higher counts for CP.
· Counts increased 10% yesterday due to higher counts on CP but nonetheless remain below the 1,900 car threshold.
· West coast unloads averaged more than 1,250 cars per day last week on the strength of improved unloads at both ports.
· Unloads yesterday (870) saw the lowest level of reported unloads in more than a month reflecting notably lower unloads at Vancouver.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.