Daily Grain Network Status – March 7, 2021 MAR 8 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
March 7, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Consistent with the trend seen throughout much of the week, system loads on wheels declined 9% or 1,100 cars per day last week averaging 11,200 cars per day reflecting lower traffic levels for both CN and CP.
· Loads on wheels have now risen for three straight days and begin week 32 at 11,500 cars on line reflecting primarily higher volumes on CP early in the week.
Cars Not Moving
· Average daily counts of cars not moving changed little last week from the prior week at 2,200 cars per day.
· On a system basis counts have now declined for 6 straight days from a high of 3,200+ cars on March 1st to fewer than 1,400 yesterday.
· West coast unloads at 1,200 per day last week saw the highest level of unloads in the last seven weeks on the strength of better unloads at both Ports.
· Unloads (1,398) improved yesterday reflecting strong unloads at both Vancouver and Prince Rupert.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website