Daily Grain Network Status – April 13, 2021 APR 14 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
April 13, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels increased yesterday for the first time in four days reflecting slightly higher loads on wheels for each of CN and CP.
· Approaching the mid point of week 37 system loads on wheels are tracking some 4% lower than at this point last week.
Cars Not Moving
· Idle car counts declined for the third straight day yesterday falling below 2,500 cars reflecting improved counts for both CN and CP.
· While progress is slow, the trend is moving in the right direction.
· West coast unloads (932) fell by nearly 25% from the prior day reflecting lower reported unloads at both west coast ports.
· Thunder Bay reported another strong day with 350+ unloads yesterday.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.