Daily Grain Network Status – April 22, 2021 APR 23 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
April 22, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels increased marginally yesterday returning above the 11,000 car threshold reflecting nominal increases across the board.
· Nearing the tail end of week 38 loads on wheel continue to track some 5% lower than at this point last week averaging slightly more than 10,900 cars per day.
Cars Not Moving
· Idle car counts declined yesterday falling below 2,000 cars for the first time in three weeks.
· The decline seen yesterday reflects higher counts for CN offset by notably lower counts for CP.
· West coast unloads (1,418) improved significantly from the prior day (+23%) reflecting improved unloads at Vancouver and slightly lower unloads at Prince Rupert.
· Thunder Bay unloads fell off somewhat from the prior day at 256 cars unloaded yesterday.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.