Daily Grain Network Status – July 28, 2021 JUL 29 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
July 28, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• System loads on wheels increased slightly yesterday pushing volumes back up over the 8,000 car threshold for the 15th time in the last 17 days.
• Yesterday’s increase was driven by a significant jump in volumes on CN while CP volumes declined slightly.
Cars Not Moving
• System idle car counts saw a significant improvement for the second consecutive day falling below 1,300 cars yesterday.
• Both railways showed improvement again yesterday in nearly equal measure.
• West coast unloads (755) bounced back somewhat yesterday once again reflecting only Vancouver unloads.
• Thunder Bay unloads dropped off for the second straight day with fewer than 150 unloads reported.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.