Daily Grain Network Status – Oct. 1, 2020 OCT 2 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
October 1, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels declined slightly yesterday falling below 11,500 cars on line – the lowest level in more than a week. The slight decline seen yesterday reflects a significant decline on CP (-11%) offset by slightly higher volumes on CN.
· Five days into the current week, average daily volumes continue to track 8% higher than at this point last week, still averaging more than 11,800 cars per day.
Cars Not Moving
· The count of cars not moving on a system basis declined slightly yesterday for the fourth straight day, reflecting lower counts for both CN and CP. Early in the week average daily counts continue to track some 37% higher than at this point last week.
· West coast unloads (1,076) declined from the prior day, reflecting lower unloads at Vancouver and slightly lower unloads at Prince Rupert which met the 200 car mark for the second straight day.
All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com