Daily Grain Network Status – Oct. 22, 2020 OCT 26 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
October 22, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels declined slightly yesterday once again falling below 11,600 cars, reflecting a notable decline for CN offset by higher volumes on CP.
· Five days into the current week system traffic levels, despite declines in recent days, continue to track 5% ahead of last week’s pace at more than 11,800 cars per day on average.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of cars not moving reversed a significant increase reported yesterday, declining 26% reflecting lower counts across the board and falling below 1,900 cars.
· The decline reverses a steady increase seen in the early part of this week, however, despite today’s improvement average daily counts continue to track nearly 40% higher than last week.
· West coast unloads (1,237) saw the highest level of reported unloads in a week reflecting improved unloads at both west coast ports. Thunder Bay unloads remain robust at 417 cars yesterday.
All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com