Daily Grain Network Status – Oct. 25, 2020 OCT 27 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
October 25, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· System loads on wheels increased 6% last week as compared to the prior week – consistent with the trend seen throughout the week. The week over over week increase reflects higher volumes for both CN and CP.
· Loads on wheels declined yesterday reflecting a notable decline on CP and higher volumes on CN. Volumes have now been 12,000+ cars for three straight days following a significant surge in new traffic last Friday (October 23).
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of cars not moving finished out last week some 30% higher than the prior week averaging more than 2,000 cars per day.
· System counts declined yesterday falling below 1,800 cars, reflecting lower counts for both CN and CP.
· West coast unloads (1,258) declined slightly from the prior day, reflecting lower unloads at both west coast ports. Thunder Bay unloads remain robust at 353 cars yesterday.
All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com