Daily Grain Network Status – Dec. 1, 2020 DEC 2 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
December 1, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels declined significantly yesterday (-7%) falling below 12,600 cars reflecting lower volumes across the board. Three days into the current week, system volumes continue to track 8% ahead of last week’s pace reflecting higher volumes for both CN and CP. CN volumes dipped below 7,000 cars for the first time in five days.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of loads not moving increased again yesterday reflecting little change on CN and a fifth consecutive day of increases for CP which has now seen counts increase to nearly 1,800 cars – having doubled in the last five days.
· On a system basis counts are now pushing 3,000 cars, the highest single day total in nearly a month.
· West coast unloads (1,357) saw their best day in the last 10 reflecting improved unloads at both west coast ports. Thunder Bay had another strong day reporting 384 unloads.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com