Daily Grain Network Status – Nov. 30, 2020 DEC 1 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
November 30, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels increased yesterday for the second straight day rising to more than 13,400 cars and currently tracking 10% higher than last week at this point. Higher traffic levels continue to be fuelled by notable increases on both CN and CP early in the current week with CN holding above 7,300 cars on line – above 7,000 cars for the 4th straight day.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of loads not moving, after declining steadily for three straight days – most notably on CN – saw a significant spike yesterday rising to more than 2,800 cars for the two railways combined – a one day increase of 35%.
· Yesterday’s increase reflects higher counts for both railways but most notably CN where counts more than doubled largely erasing three days of steady gains.
· West coast unloads were largely unchanged yesterday at slightly more than 1,200 cars reflecting slightly lower unloads at Vancouver offset in nearly equal measure by a slight increase in Prince Rupert unloads. Thunder Bay reported more than 500 unloads which may reflect some delayed reporting from prior days.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com