Daily Grain Network Status – Feb. 4, 2021 FEB 5 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
February 4, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels increased slightly yesterday reflecting little change for either railway.
· Week to date average daily loads on wheels continue to outpace last week at this point averaging nearly 11,900 cars per day – 15% higher than last week.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of loads not moving increased yesterday following two days of improvement.
· Counts return above 2,600 cars reflecting notably higher counts for CN offset by lower counts for CP
· West coast unloads (1,235) improved for the third straight day reporting the highest number of unloads in a week.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website