Daily Grain Network Status – Feb. 7, 2021 FEB 8 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
February 7, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Consistent with the trend seen through much of last week, system loads on wheels increased 10% last week as compared to the prior week, averaging 11,600 cars per day.
· Loads on wheels declined yesterday for the third straight day, reflecting materially lower volumes on CN while CP changed little. Early this week loads on wheels are trending 13% lower than last week.
Cars Not Moving
· The system count of loads not moving declined marginally last week relative to the prior week but still averaged more than 2,700 cars per day.
· System counts have spiked over the last 48 hours rising above 4,100 cars reflecting principally a significant increase on CN.
· West coast unloads improved ever so slightly last week averaging just over 1,100 cars per day, reflecting improvement at Vancouver.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website