Daily Grain Network Status – June 10, 2021 JUN 11 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
June 10, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• Loads on wheels declined slightly yesterday remaining near the 8,000 car threshold.
• Yesterday’s decline was led by CN which saw loads on wheels decline 8% (-318 cars) while CP was largely unchanged.
Cars Not Moving
• System counts of idle cars changed little from the prior day remaining around the 1,500 car mark for the second straight day.
• There was little change for CN or CP individually as well yesterday with CP counts remaining at 2x those of CN.
• West coast unloads (942) were similar to the prior day – above 900 cars for the second straight day – fuelled by improved unloads at Vancouver.
• Reported unloads at Thunder Bay improved yesterday – above the 250 car threshold for the first time in seven days.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.