Daily Grain Network Status – June 13, 2021 JUN 14 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
June 13, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• Loads on wheels maintained the strength seen early last week finishing the week averaging more than 8,200 cars on line per day – 18% higher than the prior week.
• System loads on wheels have now been above 8,000 cars per day for nine straight days reflecting higher volumes for both railways.
Cars Not Moving
• System counts of idle cars increased 30% last week averaging more than 1,700 cars per day after four straight weeks of averaging about 1,300 cars per day.
• The increase seen last week reflects primarily higher counts for CP averaging more than 1,200 cars per day – the highest level in five weeks.
• West coast unloads increased slightly from the prior week averaging 760 cars per day reflecting marginal week over week improvement for both west coast ports.
• Reported unloads at Thunder Bay declined for the second straight week averaging only 220 unloads per day last week – the lowest level in seven weeks.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.