Daily Grain Network Status – June 21, 2021 JUN 22 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
June 21, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• Loads on wheels declined notably yesterday with each railway seeing a similar decline.
• Early in week 47, volumes remain above the 7,000 car threshold for the 5th straight day but are currently tracking about 4% lower than last week.
Cars Not Moving
• Idle car counts changed little yesterday remaining above the 1,400 car threshold.
• There was little movement for either railway yesterday with CP counts remaining 3x those of CN.
• West coast unloads (759) improved by some 30% from the prior day reflecting primarily a significant increase in unloads at Prince Rupert.
• Thunder Bay unloads (232) while doubling from Sunday’s total remained below 250 cars yesterday.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.