Daily Grain Network Status – June 23, 2021 JUN 24 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
June 23, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• Loads on wheels were unchanged yesterday remaining above the 7,000 car threshold for the seventh straight day.
• At the mid point of week 47, loads on wheels continue to track marginally lower than last week reflecting lower volumes for CN.
Cars Not Moving
• Idle car counts declined yesterday following the increase seen the prior day returning below 1,500 cars.
• The system improvement seen yesterday reflects lower counts across the board led by CP.
• West coast unloads (929) improved again yesterday reflecting principally stronger unloads at Prince Rupert.
• Thunder Bay unloads (254) were consistent with the prior day but remain below 300 cars for the fourth straight day.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.