Daily Grain Network Status – November 2, 2021 NOV 3 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
November 2, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
- The downward trajectory for system loads on wheels continued yesterday with volumes declining to slightly more than 8,000 cars on line.
- Yesterday’s decline reflects lower volumes for each of CN and CP, both of which continue to lag last week’s pace.
Cars Not Moving
- System idle car counts declined yesterday falling below 1,500 cars driven by improved counts for both CN and CP.
- Approaching the mid point of week 14, idle car counts are now tracking 28% below last week at this juncture.
- West coast unloads (888) took a small step back yesterday reflecting lower unloads at Vancouver offset in part by improved unloads at Prince Rupert.
- Thunder Bay unloads (339) declined slightly but remained above the 300 car threshold and are now tracking 40% ahead of last week’s pace.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.