Black Bean Antojito
This delicious wrap does not require cooking making it a welcome meal on a hot summer day, whether as a supper or picnic
- Serving Size 1 wrap
- Calories 394
- Fat 12 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Carbohydrate 57 g
- Fibre 8 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 15 g
- Sodium 477 mg
- Potassium 502 mg
- Folate 257 mcg
- Iron 4 mg
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed (yields 2 cups/500 mL cooked beans)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp/30 mL)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander
- dash salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas (10-inch/25 cm)
- 3 red peppers, roasted, skinned, and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted & sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
In a large bowl, mash beans and garlic with a fork or potato masher. Add lime juice, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Divide into 8 parts.
Spread mashed bean mixture evenly over each tortilla. Divide roasted red peppers, avocado, and cheese evenly between each tortilla.
Roll the tortilla. Wrap in plastic wrap tightly and let cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes to overnight.
Cut each roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Enjoy as is or with a sour cream dip.