Black Bean Antojito
This delicious wrap does not require cooking making it a welcome meal on a hot summer day, whether as a supper or picnic
- Serving Size 1 wrap
- Calories 394
- Fat 12 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Carbohydrates 57 mg
- Fibre 8 g
- Sugar 2 g
- Protein 15 g
- Sodium 477 mg
- Potassium 502 mg
- Folate 257 mcg
- Iron 4 mg
- 19 oz (540 mL) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp/30 mL)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander
- dash salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas (10-inch/25 cm)
- 3 red peppers, roasted, skinned, and sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, mash beans and garlic with a fork or potato masher. Add lime juice, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Divide into 8 parts.
- Spread mashed bean mixture evenly over each tortilla. Divide roasted red peppers, avocado, and cheese evenly between each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla. Wrap in plastic wrap tightly and let cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes to overnight.
- Cut each roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Enjoy as is or with a sour cream dip.