Black Bean Antojito
Antojito is Spanish for snack or appetizer and this delicious wrap can be both! It’s super easy, no cooking required and a great recipe for kids in the kitchen.
- Serving Size 1 wrap
- Calories 394
- Fat 12 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Carbohydrate 57 g
- Fibre 8 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 15 g
- Sodium 477 mg
- Potassium 502 mg
- Folate 257 mcg
- Iron 4 mg
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed (yields 2 cups/500 mL cooked beans)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp/30 mL)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coriander
- dash salt
- dash ground black pepper
- 8 whole-wheat flour tortillas (10-inch/25 cm)
- 3 red peppers, roasted, skinned & sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted & sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
In a large bowl, mash beans and garlic with a fork or potato masher. Add lime juice, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Divide into 8 parts.
Spread mashed bean mixture evenly over each tortilla. Divide roasted red peppers, avocado, and cheese evenly between each tortilla.
Roll the tortilla. Wrap in plastic wrap tightly and let cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes to overnight.
Cut each roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. Enjoy as is or with a sour cream dip.
- You can use bottled lime juice if you don’t have fresh limes.
- No cumin or coriander? Try chili powder instead!
- Fresh red, orange or yellow peppers can be used instead of roasted.