Chocolate Chickpea Dip
Rich, chocolatey chickpea spread from the Easy Peas-y Cookbook for Kids. Ridiculously yummy on toast, fruit, waffles or roti!
- Serving Size 1/4 cup (60 mL)
- Calories 108
- Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugars 9 g
- Protein 4 g
- Sodium 17 mg
- Potassium 159 mg
- Iron 2 mg
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) hot water
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) no salt added chickpeas, drained & rinsed (yields 2 cups/500 mL cooked chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) nut or seed butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
Place pitted dates in a small bowl and cover with the hot water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Add soaked dates and all remaining ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Add additional water 1 Tbsp (15 mL) at a time as desired until dip is creamy and spreadable to your liking.
Serve with fruit or spread on warm roti, waffles or toast!