This hearty, protein-packed vegetarian meal is easy to make and a delicious recipe for the whole family!
- Serving Size 1/12 of recipe
- Calories 277
- Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 13 mg
- Carbohydrate 42 g
- Fibre 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14 g
- Sodium 632 mg
- Potassium 536 mg
- Folate 165 mcg
- Iron 3 mg
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) black beans, drained & rinsed (yields 1 1/4 cups/300 mL cooked beans)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) red kidney beans, drained & rinsed (yields 1 1/4 cups/300 mL cooked beans)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) white kidney beans, drained & rinsed (yields 1 1/4 cups/300 mL cooked beans)
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) corn niblets, drained
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) salsa, heat level as desired
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated light mozzarella or cheddar cheese
Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, garlic, onion, green pepper, cumin, and chili powder in a large saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Spray a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) lasagna pan with cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half. Place four halves in prepared pan to cover bottom, flat edges facing the outside. Spread 1/3 of bean mixture over tortillas. Repeat procedure, adding two more layers, ending with the bean mixture. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa, if desired.
You can substitute the black, red kidney and white kidney beans with 3 cans (14 oz/398 mL each) or 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL) mixed beans, drained and rinsed.