This hearty, protein-packed meal is like a party in your mouth!
- Serving Size 1/12 of recipe
- Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates 42.2 g
- Fibre 6.5 g
- Sugar 3.5 g
- Protein 14.4 g
- Sodium 632 mg
- Potassium 536 mg
- Iron 3.4 mg
- Calcium 217 mg
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) black beans or a 14 fl oz (398 mL) can, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) red kidney beans or a 14 fl oz (398 mL) can, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/4 cup (300 mL) white kidney beans or a 14 fl oz (398 mL) can, drained & rinsed
- 12 fl oz (341 mL) can corn niblets, drained
- 14 fl oz (398 mL) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) salsa
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cumin
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated light mozzarella or cheddar cheese
Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, garlic, green pepper, cumin, and chili powder in a large saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Spray a 9 x 13 inch lasagna pan with cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half. Place four halves in prepared pan to cover bottom, flat edges facing the outside. Spread 1/3 of bean mixture over tortillas. Repeat procedure, adding two more layers, ending with the bean mixture. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let sit for five minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream, if desired.