Marinated & Roasted Chickpeas
A flavourful, roasted chickpea that can be eaten as a snack or add crunch to a mixed green salad or Summer Salad.
- Serving Size 30 mL (2 Tbsp)
- Calories 45
- Fat 1 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Protein 2 g
- Sodium 30 mg
- Potassium 70 mg
- Folate 40 mcg
- Iron 0.7 mg
- Calcium 13 mg
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked chickpeas or no-salt-added canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) low-sodium soy sauce (to adapt for gluten-free diet, use gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) orange juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
Rinse chickpeas well and blot dry.
Mix remaining ingredients together. Place chickpeas in a container with a good seal. Pour remaining ingredients over chickpeas. Marinate for at least two hours turning frequently.
Preheat oven to 200 C (400 F).
Arrange chickpeas in a single layer on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, stirring a few times. Stir, reduce heat to 175 C (350 F). Bake for another 20 minutes or until chickpeas are dark brown and crisp on the outside and the marinade has disappeared from the cookie sheet.
Allow chickpeas to cool. Store in fridge.