Prairie Black Bean, Lentil & Grain Salad
Featuring black beans and lentils, this salad is a great lunch idea!
- Serving Size 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- Calories 179
- Fat 8 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Carbohydrate 24 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 5 g
- Sodium 219 mg
- Potassium 261 mg
- Iron 2 mg
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cooked wheat berries
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cooked or canned black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooked or canned lentils, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) wild rice, cooked
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pot barley, cooked
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cranberries, dried
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce, sodium reduced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Whisk together dressing ingredients, then combine with salad ingredients. Serve and enjoy!
- Wheat berries are the whole wheat kernel which includes the bran, germ and endosperm. If you can’t find wheat berries in the store, you can increase the wild rice and barley to 2/3 cup (150 mL) each and eliminate the wheat berries.