Speckled Chocolate Chip Cookies
It’s hard to believe these delicious cookies are gluten-free, thanks to the black bean flour!
- Serving Size 2 cookies
- Calories 120
- Fat 7 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 19 mg
- Carbohydrate 15 g
- Fibre 1 g
- Sugars 11 g
- Protein 2 g
- Sodium 62 mg
- Potassium 113 mg
- Folate 26 mcg
- Iron 1 mg
- 1 cup (250 mL) black bean flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, room temperature (see tips)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a bowl, stir together bean flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and both sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop by small teaspoonfuls 2-inches (5 cm) apart onto nonstick baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Bean flour can have strong flavours before baking; save the sampling until after the cookies are baked and flavours blend with other ingredients.
- The dough will seem sticky when using bean flour. Leave enough room between cookies for them to spread out as they bake.
- You can also use margarine instead of butter if desired.