Daily Grain Network Status – Sept. 24, 2020 SEP 25 2020 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
September 24, 2020: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
· Loads on wheels increased yesterday for the first time in a week, reflecting notably higher volumes on CP and a slight uptick on CN.
· Average daily loads on wheels continue to lag last week’s level at this juncture by 8% – about 1,000 cars per day lower on average. Daily volumes this week are lower for both CN (-11%) and CP (-8%).
Cars Not Moving
· There was little change in the count of loads not moving for 48+ hours yesterday, declining nominally on a system basis reflecting slightly lower counts on CN and slightly higher counts on CP.
· Average daily counts continue to reflect improved performance as compared to last week -25% (400 cars) lower than at this time last week.
· West coast unloads (1,067) improved slightly from the prior day, reflecting improved unloads at Vancouver and materially lower unloads at Prince Rupert following a very strong day.
All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.
* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA).
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com