Daily Grain Network Status – September 30, 2021 OCT 1 2021 | Producers | Blog Post
(Regular updates will be available on the Alberta Pulse Growers website.)
Pulse Canada and the CSCA are partners of the Ag Transport Coalition (ATC)*, which tracks performance of the Canadian railway network for the movement of grain.
A new grain network status report has been created to provide stakeholders with comprehensive insight on the performance of the Canadian rail system for the 2020-2021 grain year. The report provides information and data on the status of the rail network as of midnight the previous day.
The railway performance data reported in these reports reflect the performance of rail shipments specifically for grain shippers participating in the Ag Transport Coalition’s railway performance measurement program – estimated to encompass approximately 90-95% of western Canadian originated grain shipments by rail.
September 30, 2021: Report Synopsis
Loads on Wheels
• System loads on wheels increased yesterday rising above 9,400 cars on line – the highest single day total in the last 4 months above 9,000 cars for the 10th time this month.
• Now in the back half of week 9 average daily cars on line continue to run pretty much at par with the pace seen last week.
Cars Not Moving
• System idle car counts improved slightly yesterday but remain above 1,400 cars.
• Yesterday’s improvement reflects lower counts for CN while CP counts increased marginally
• West coast unloads (727) declined from the prior day reflecting lower unloads at Prince Rupert as anticipated.
• Thunder Bay unloads (306) declined from the very strong performance the prior day and week to date continue to lag last week’s performance.
For more information, go to www.agtransportcoalition.com* The Ag Transportation Coalition is comprised of the Canadian Canola Growers Association (CCGA), Alberta Wheat Commission (AWC), Pulse Canada, Manitoba Pulse Growers Association (MPGA), Western Grain Elevator Association (WGEA), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission, Inland Terminal Association of Canada (ITAC) and the Canadian Special Crops Association (CSCA). All daily network status reports are available on the Pulse Canada website.